Before a HydraFacial
Investing in your skin is a big decision, and you want to make sure you get the most of it by preparing in the best way. You’ll also want to get the best out of your treatment by following the post-treatment instructions carefully, which will be provided for you at your appointment.
- Stop using any Isotretinoin products, like Accutane, for six months before treatment unless you’ve been given clearance by a clinician.
- Discontinue the use of generic tretinoin or topical Retin-A for at least 48 hours prior to your treatment.
- Don’t use any exfoliating treatments, like glycolic acid or enzymes, on the area that is going to be treated for at least 48 hours before your treatment.
- Stop using any medium or deep chemical peels or chemical resurfacing treatments and laser treatments for at least two weeks before you have this facial treatment.
- Do not wax or use depilatories for at least 48 hours before your treatment.
- Stop using any over-the-counter acne medications, like benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid, for at least 48 hours before you have your facial.
- Avoid any excessive sun exposure and do not use any tanning beds for at least 72 hours before treatment.
- Do not have any Botox treatments for at least two weeks before treatment. You can have Botox done on the same day as your facial, but it must happen after the facial.
- Do not shave your face on the same day as the facial treatment.